Welcome ! I'm Dr. Ahmad and I will be pleased to offer help.. email me: ad_icare@yahoo.com أهلا و سهلا: يسعدنا إنضمامك لنا من خلال صفحتنا على الفيس بوك: استشارة صحية

A dream come true (Breast Cancer Vaccine)

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Prevention is better than cure. That's why researches are going on in the meantime for getting a Breast cancer vaccine available to all women.
At the department of immunology at the Lerner Research institute at the Cleveland clinic, the team of researches announced that they are in the phase of trial on humans. 

The vaccine acts by initiating the body's own immune response to attack the malignant cells. What is more amazing is that it will be effective on a single administration. 

On the other hand, there are some challenges that will be more clear to solve in the coming period of time. The vaccine proved to be effective when tried on mice. None of the vaccinated mice developed breast cancer, while all the other did. 

Caitlin Palframan, of charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer, said: "This research could have important implications for how we might prevent breast cancer in the future.
However, this is an early stage study, and we look forward to seeing the results of large-scale clinical trials to find out if this vaccine would be safe and effective in humans."

At last i would like to add that if this vaccine proved to be safe for human use then this will be a great advance in preventing breast cancer.

8 comments

  1. I guess that vaccine works fine if you're only interested in breasts as decoration. If you actually want to feed babies with them, this vaccine renders them useless. Not a bargain in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I don't get your point, can you clarify more

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi doctor..i wanna ask something.. em, i am a girl..i wanna know.. the effect of wearing innerwear at night..i mean bra.. can it effect breast cancer?? because some people say it can effect breast cancer if we wear it at night...
    thnx a lot doc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    just make sure that you wear comfortable ones at night. Don't worry about it, make sure that you know the early symptoms of breast cancer by clicking the following link:
    Latest in breast cancer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a headache is it a sign of dehydration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it can be a sign. Besides, there may be other signs as dry mouth, feeling thirst, low urine volume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Doctor. Please read all of my imformation stated very carefully. I had sex on Nov. 30 using a condom correctly (a non spermicidal one because i am allergic) . He did not ejaculate in me . I was supposed to have my period on Dec 16th. I am now five days late. I have been having anxiety attacks due to this nervousness of possible pregnancy. I took two at home pregnancy tests on the 19th and 20th, both were negative. What are the realistic chances of me being pregnant? Do i really have anything to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Alyssa:

    I had replied you through an email.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

 

About Me

My photo
Licensed medical doctor in Egypt

Most Reading

Follow us !!