Hello to all readers, please read it till the end
i would like to talk today about "insomnia", which is a common problem that everyone may have experienced during his/her life.
By definition, insomnia is difficulty in sleeping that can be due to either:
1. Difficulty falling asleep
2. Waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep
3. Waking up too early in the morning
4. Unrefreshing sleep
If you have one of the above, then you have insomnia
Factors that make you more likely to get insomnia:
1. Women are more likely to experience insomnia more than men
2. Advanced age
3. Medical or psychiatric illness (as depression)
What causes insomnia ?
2. Environmental noise
3. Extreme temperatures
4. Change in the surrounding environment
5. Sleep / wake schedule problems
6. Medications (may cause insomnia as a side effect)
So what is the treatment for it ?
Drugs that contain anti-histamine are present over the counter. Besides there are sleeping pills that will help relief insomnia
However i recommend you read the following advices before rushing to the medications.
Let's go:1. Don't have caffeine drinks in the evening
2. Don't go to bed unless you feel sleepy
3. When on bed, if you didn't sleep in 15 minutes then get out of the bedroom and don't return unless you are sleepy
4. Avoid any behaviour in the bed or bedroom other than sleep or sexual activity
5. Establish a fixed wake time and eliminate the time u spend in bed without sleeping
6. Don't take your problems to bed
7. Avoid naps
8. Avoid clock watching in bed as this will lead to frustration and anger that will interfere with sleep