Welcome ! I'm Dr. Ahmad and I will be pleased to offer help.. email me: ad_icare@yahoo.com أهلا و سهلا: يسعدنا إنضمامك لنا من خلال صفحتنا على الفيس بوك: استشارة صحية

The relationship between Interstitial Cystitis and Fibromyalgia

Wednesday, 9 February 2011

First of all, let's start by defining the word "cystitis". Cystitis refers to inflammation of the urinary bladder. 

Interstitial cystitis is a refractory bladder condition which, till now, has no specific cause. Most patients are females with a mean age of 40 years at onset. The most common symptoms are pain with bladder filling that is relieved with urination or urgency, frequency and nocturia.
Interstitial cystitis is associated with other diseases as severe allergies, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and focal vulvitis.
Both "interstitial cystitis and fibromyalgia" share the following points:
- diffusely increased peripheral nociception.
- increased sensitivity for pain.
- natural history.
- demographics.



Both conditions have unknown etiologies. Since that they are related to each other, researches will reveal new advances concerning the causes and their management. 

2 comments

  1. My sister was diagnosed with Interstitial cystitis years ago. I also had problems, the doctors never checked me out... not really. They just said I had over active bladder and gave me Detrol La. The Detrol did help but... I developed other problems. They told me it was Acid Reflux, which is a term I think doctors say when what they mean is "I have no clue what is wrong with you." After doctoring 2 years, taking all kinds of medications that did not work. I turned to researching on the web.

    I found I had candida. Doctors looked at me like I was crazy so I had to heal myself. The exact same thing happened to my sister. She did the rounds of doctors to no avail.

    Both of us have now healed our bladders by giving up all processed sugars and going on the candida diet using herbal antifungals.

    I am now dealing with all the problems that candida causes and am almost to the end of my healing. I write a blog. My Journey With Candida.
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

    Anyway, my point is. I think there is a link between candida and diseases like IC, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel and many other things. Like most doctors, you probably don't agree, but that is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Terry,

    Welcome in here.
    I must say that there are secrets concerning interstitial cystitis.

    I agree with you but i must say that these unknown issues should be revealed by conducting more researches and studies on interstitial cystitis patients and looking for the similarities in all cases and pointing out the trigger factor that may had caused the disease.

    I hope you get better soon.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

 

About Me

My photo
Licensed medical doctor in Egypt

Most Reading

Follow us !!